BSc Oral Health Sciences Dundee 2012
Our resident Dental Therapist.
What can a Dental Therapist do?
Aimee is able to provide the following:
- Intra & extra oral assessment
- record indices and monitor disease
- Periodontal treatment – all Hygiene Treatments
- Apply materials to teeth such as fluoride and fissure sealants
- Take Dental Radiographs (X-rays)
- Provide dental health education on a on to one basis
- Routine restorations (fillings) in both deciduous & permanent teeth, on adults & children, from Class I-V cavity preparations
- Can use all materials except pre-cast or pinned placements
- Treat adults as well as children
- Extract deciduous teeth under local analgesia
- Pulp therapy treatment of deciduous teeth
- Placement of preformed crowns on deciduous teeth
- Administration of Inferior Dental Nerve Block analgesia and Infiltration analgesia (dental injections)
- Emergency temporary replacement of crowns & fillings
- Take impressions
- Treat patient under conscious sedation provided the dentist remains in the surgery throughout the treatment
- In house Enlighten Whitening appointment.
With Aimee on our team this means we are able to offer a wider range of choices for appointments and providers.
GDC No: 227246
Aimee’s hours of work are:
Thursday: 8am – 6pm
Friday: 8am – 5pm