Aimi is our Practice Manager. She was part of the team that opened the practice. Aimi achieved the Professional Development Award for Dental Practice Managers from NHS Education for Scotland.
Aimi is our Data Protection Officer; she ensures that the values of GDPR are upheld within the practice and all our Patient & Staff data are kept secure and confidential.
Diploma in Dental Hygiene & Therapy RCS Edinburgh 2010.
Our Resident Hygienist.
Rachael is here to help you maintain optimal oral health with thorough cleaning and guidance on how best to look after your smile at yourHygieneVisits.
GDC No: 192657
Rachael's hours of work are:
Monday: 2pm - 8pm
Tuesday: 8am - 2pm
Thursday: 2pm - 8pm
BSc Oral Health Sciences Dundee 2012.
Our resident Dental Therapist.
What can a Dental Therapist do?
Aimee is able to provide the following:
- Intra & extra oral assessment
- record indices and monitor disease
- Periodontal treatment - all Hygiene Treatments
- Apply materials to teeth such as fluoride and fissure sealants
- Take Dental Radiographs (X-rays)
- Provide dental health education on a on to one basis
- Routine restorations (fillings) in both deciduous & permanent teeth, on adults & children, from Class I-V cavity preparations
- Can use all materials except pre-cast or pinned placements
- Treat adults as well as children
- Extract deciduous teeth under local analgesia
- Pulp therapy treatment of deciduous teeth
- Placement of preformed crowns on deciduous teeth
- Administration of Inferior Dental Nerve Block analgesia and Infiltration analgesia (dental injections)
- Emergency temporary replacement of crowns & fillings
- Take impressions
- Treat patient under conscious sedation provided the dentist remains in the surgery throughout the treatment
- In house Enlighten Whitening appointment.
With Aimee on our team this means we are able to offer a wider range of choices for appointments and providers.
GDC No: 227246
Aimee's hours of work are:
Monday: 6pm - 8pm
Wednesday: 5pm - 8pm
Friday: 2pm - 5pm
Nicole joined us in January 2010. Her cheerful and positive attitude is a great attribute to Southside Dental Care. Nicole is one of Southside Dental Care's Implant Nurses. Nicole has her radiography qualification and will be the one to take your Panoral X-rays we required.
GDC No: 245748
Karen joined Southside Dental Care in 2012. As well as being a dedicated Dental Nurse, Karen also has a degree in Earth Science. Karen is our Dental Sedation & Implant Nurse.
GDC No: 251800
Nicola joined our team in 2016, and has been a Dental Nurse for 8 years. Nicola is passionate about preventative dentistry, so much so she is now our ChildSmileNurse. She loves to keep fit and put this to good use by hiking up Mount Kilimanjaro for charity in 2017.
GDC No: 207269
Ruth was an original member of the Southside Dental Care team. In 2013 she decided to try out pastures new and in 2017 we welcomed her back with open arms. Ruth is friendly and caring member of the team who will always have a smile for you. Ruth is also our ChildSmile Nurse. This year Ruth will be completing the PDA for Intravenous Sedation Dental Nursing.
GDC No: 161752
Nicole started with us in 2016, when she fancied a new career and took a shine to Dental Nursing. She has since passed her nursing exam and is now a qualified nurse. Nicole has a young daughter who keeps her busy in her spare time.
Emma is just starting out in her dental career as we support her in achieving her dental nursing qualification. Emma comes from a customer service and health & fitness background which shows in her friendly and welcoming nature.
Shelly joined us through training placement with Edinburgh College for her Dental Nursing Qualification. On Completion of her course in June 2018 we invited Shelly to join the team permanently.
When not at work Shelly spends her time with her daughter.
Aimee became our friendly face at reception in July 2017. With 11 years of experience Aimee will be able to guide you with ease through your appointments at Southside Dental Care. At home she loves nothing more than family time with her husband and young son.
Yvonne is our Evening Receptionist and is always happy to help. Currently Yvonne is studying Psychology at Heriot-Watt University